How often do you shred your mail? Do you have a system?

I'm in the process of organizing for the year and I can use as many pointers that I can get!

Asked by MonicaJaye at 1:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• We have a basket for things that need to be shredded. When it gets full, or when we have time that is when we shred it up. It's good to have both a shred basket, and paper basket that way as you're looking through your mail you can just throug the part that does't need to be shredded away right away instead of later. I know for me If I don't have a waste basket in the actual room, then the papers build up.

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I don't have a shredder. I just ripe everything a toss it.

Answer by IreneW at 1:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• When my shred basket is full.

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Shred it as you get your mail. Have your shredder sitting where you would normally go through your mail and shred all the stuff you don't want. Don't wait to shred it, just do it as you get it,

Answer by passionmom119 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Once a week.

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• We have a shredder, but it takes up more time than ripping.
    I've been lazy, though. I think I have more than a year's worth of "junk" to rip and throw out. Ugh!

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:20 AM on Jan. 16, 2009