• In the Spotlight:

Hi i am in my 21st week of pregnancy, today while i was sitting typing on the comp i started get dizzy hot and shaky, i went and laid down, then it went away, i did have a glass of juice incase, this lasted about 2min, has this happend to any of you?? ive gained 10 pounds, and i wasnt on the heavy side to begin with? could i be hyperglicimic?

Should i be concerend?

BigSurprise2

Asked by BigSurprise2 at 1:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd call your ob and get it checked out. It sounds like a virus, but there is no use to take the chance that it might be something else, so get it checked and you won't have to wonder.

Answer by Bmat at 1:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• there are many reason you could have felt alittle dizzy. it happens in pregnancy for lots of different reasons. Iv felt that way to my dr said its probably not from being hyperglicimic. If you are truly worried call your dr and they can tell you more im sure.
    hang in there soon you will be tested for the suger test its so much fun lol.
    Anonymous

• it could be blood sugar issues, or maybe even blood pressure issues. i would get checked out just in case.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• thats something that is totally normal during pregnancy... If you were hyperglycemic( that means high blood sugar) then juice wouldn't do anything, just stay hydrated. I also had "episodes" like that while pregnant with my 3rd, it would happen eveytime i started to eat?? It was almost like a panic attack, my midwife said it's normal, just to make sure you are eating and ataying hydrated...
    Anonymous

• Their are sooo many different reasons why you could feel this way! I know that this pregnancy is totally different from my others! I have been really dizzy lately and they just told me to increase my fluid intake, it actually did help me! If you are very concerened about this then you can always just call your OB and talk to a nurse to see what they might think! GL!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I havent called the doc, since it went away and i feel fine, i guess its normal to get dizzy if it happens again i will call though. it was so quick and went away fast also.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• sounds like high blood pressure or gestational diabetes. see your dr asap. when u feel hat way sit down immediately, dizzyness can lead to fainting! god luck ;)
    Anonymous

• Hyperglicimic is low blood sugar. It could be a lot of things just drinks lots of water and snack on things. Make sure u sit down when u feel that way trust me I had already fainted once and it was in public. I still get dizzy gl.
    Anonymous

• It could be a lot of different things. I felt that way early during this pregnancy and it was anemia. Talk to your doctor about it to see what he/she thinks. They know you better than we do.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I called my doc said its normal, since i didnt have gestational diabetes my first pregnancy then most likely i wont get it now, since i was alot more heavier then and preg with twins, she told me to eat more, and drink lots of fluids, after i drank a couple of juice, i felt better, the weird thing is my heart was beating realy fast, i did have preeclampsia at my last pregnancy but that came much later, and i guess becasue i was preg with twins i had a higher chance of it, My husband is comming home with a glucose monitor just to double check, where i am with my blood sugars,
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009