Pancakes in a can?

Ok I saw this spray can like whip cream for pancakes anyone ever used this product?

Homeschoolmom99

Asked by Homeschoolmom99 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• They are gross. We bought some to take camping or something once and what came out of that can was really thin and runny and made skinny pancakes.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• no but I am dying to see how it is!
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 2:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ewwww....no, that just sounds disgusting.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I never heard of it so I googled it. I see there are 8 pancakes in a can. It seems terribly environmentally unfriendly. Frozen pancakes are delicious- just microwave as many as you want- no heating or washing a griddle.

Answer by Bmat at 2:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I saw a print ad for them just before Christmas. I haven't actually seen them in a store yet. Concept sounds nice but I don't think they'd taste too good. I prefer to do them the old fashioned way...from scratch.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Environmentally unfriendly? But the plastic bag and the individual wrapped pancakes don't bother you though? That's environmentally unfriendly too.

Anonymous

• It's funny you posted this. My husband and I just saw them and Sam's Club and were very interested in them. We of course bought them and made them for dinner. They were not horrible but I won't buy them again. To me they were a little gritty. I am a bisquick pancake fan and have a hard time with any other kind. I use the bisquick shake and pour. Fast, easy, and great!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 2:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Oh my, that sounds gross! I wonder what the ingredient list looks like? Plus I doubt it would dispense too well onto a waffle iron! Who knows, I guess!

I prefer made from scratch, though. Cheaper, doesn't really take that much longer, and I can control the quality of ingredients and modify to remove stuff we don't want in our diets and sub in healthier options like whole grains.
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 3:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• "Environmentally unfriendly? But the plastic bag and the individual wrapped pancakes don't bother you though? That's environmentally unfriendly too."

Agreed, but an aerosol can takes up more room in a dump and more resources than a piece of plastic wrap and a paper box that I recycle.

Answer by Bmat at 5:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• my friend made those once.... they were just gross!
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 9:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009