Has your child done something to make you proud lately? Tell us about it.

MonicaJaye

Asked by MonicaJaye at 1:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• W/ about a foot of snow here, our parking lot is a mess.We have some elderly neighbors and son saw the man struggling to clean off his car.When the gentleman went into the house to get his wife, my son ran over and cleaned the entire car for him and then ran back.He said "mom hurry I want to leave before he sees us." when I aksed why he said"because I don't want him to have to be embarassed to thank a 13 yr old-I just want him to have a good day." love that kid!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Out of approx 2000 Sophomores in my son's school district..he scored the 2nd highest on his PSAT! GO WYATT...GO WYATT!!!

Okay...thanks for letting me brag : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• my 10yr old who as a C/D average in school scored in the high 90's on his sesmester tests!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 2:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My daughter was 1 of 10 kids in her school to enter a program called MAL (More Able Learner's)!! So proud.. She was just born smart as a whip, I swear. She was reading some words by 21/2!!
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• my fourteen month old used the potty twice this weekend
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I had to leave the computer for a sec...and didn't finish bragging : )

My oldest son, a Senior, made the Varsity soccer team last week. He had major nerve damage in his right foot. After many cast's and being in a wheelchair on and off for 4 years he had a nerve resection (taking out 2 inches of the nerve in his ankle) to kill the nerve. He was recently cleared by the Neurologist to play soccer again. He's so happy to be back on the soccer field...
    GO BRYAN!! GO BRYAN!!

happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My 4 year old will be done with OT at the end of this school year!!! He was tested and found to have a severe fine motor skill delay, SPD and proprioceptive issues when he had just turned 3. (he couldn't hold one finger up by itself, or even two...sensory issues, don't get me started!...and he didn't realize he was falling until he hit his face on the floor) After two years of OT twice a week, 1/2 hour each session during the school year only, he has caught up to his peers!!!

My 3 year old pooped in the potty today BEFORE pooping in his pants!!!

My 2 year old...well, he's giving his brothers as good as he gets! Sticking up for himself! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My son is 6 years old and in the first grade. Out of 180 first graders he is the only one who has not been disciplined or got in to any trouble this year. He is also the top reader in his grade. He is reading at a 5-6th grade level. He came home with two awards before Winter Break for his behavior and reading. He got a Math Award in November. I am so proud of his accomplishments.

At such a young age he has learned so much. I am most proud that he took the 50 bucks he saved and bought gifts for the Angel tree at church. He was saving for a Lego set he wanted. So on Christmas morning he had that set Santa brought it because he was so generous and thought of others. I have a wonderful kid.

momtoonecuteboy

Answer by momtoonecuteboy at 2:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Wow, excellent question. Sometimes I get so caught up in the day to day activities and discipline of my son, that I never get a chance to brag. I've noticed an overall change in his school work and attitude and am very proud of him. Since the beginning of the school year he has increased his reading level from a low second grade level to a high third grade. I'm just crossing my fingers that he keeps up the good work.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• YES!!!! My little guy turned 6mos yesterday and he now rolls over from front to back and from back to front. He also adds a little whoa!!!! with each turn it is so cute!!!
    persistence5

Answer by persistence5 at 3:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2009