Can someone tell me ways you helped starting labor?

ahow0617

Asked by ahow0617 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have good hard sex.

Answer by louise2 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• depends on how far alomg you are, nothing is gonna "make" you go into labor unless your body is ready... Sex helps and so does walking... GL
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Why would you want to start labor? It will happen in time. Induction=abuse IMO.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• labor wont start unless its time no matter what you do but i guess you can try these things maybe they will help maybe not.
    I never tried to start labor i just let my body do what it needed.

but if your impatient try these things

Nipple stimulation, sex, walking, sitting on a birthing ball and bounce a little bit.
    Anonymous

• Waiting until the baby was ready to be born worked wonders for me!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Sex helps. The sperm actually softens the cervix and an orgasm can prompt the making of natural pitocin. Other then that just time. Your baby will come when its ready.

Answer by gemgem at 2:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yeah you wont have the baby until baby is ready. I was so ready for my daughter to come so I walked for 3 days and then went into labor the morning after day 3 but I was 38 weeks by then.
    Anonymous

• There's all sorts of old wive's tales but se is one that actually can help, walking can help also. Whatever you do, do not try castor oil!! The only thing that's 100% is patience. Good luck, baby will get here when it's ready and then you'll be wishing it had taken longer!!!
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 2:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009