How do I get my daughter to use the potty!!!???!!!

My daughter is turning 3 on the end of May:

I have tried EVERYTHING: Potty books, potty Elmo, potty videos, potty on the ground, potty seat on the regular potty, stickers, incentives, treats, big girl panties. OMG, EVERYTHING!!

She's getting to the point wear her pee is over loading and leaking EVERY time. I am having to change her bedding and give her a bath EVERY morning because she is covered from head to toe. The same kinda goes with #2. She has regular bowel movements and not "baby bowels" any longer.

WHAT CAN I DO!!! Desperate Mother Here!!

momstepmominFL

Asked by momstepmominFL at 2:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried the potty song? Are you using pull ups or regular underwear? With my girls I made them wear regular panties during the day and they hated the feeling of being wet and dirty. Other then that I dont know. My boys were die hard and not going to be potty trained until the wanted to be. It sucked LOL. I remember my now 16 yr old not wanting to, then one day he took his diaper off and went and has been going ever since.

Answer by gemgem at 2:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I had to put my DD on a STRICT schedule when it came to drinking. She only got something to drink with meals. Her last cup of milk or water was no later then 6:30 pm. After that she started going at my friends house (she has three girls) but not at mine no matter what I did. I finally just took diapers away and put her on the toilet ALOT. After two days of her peeing down her leg with in two minutes of getting off the toilet, I spanked her then put her on the potty. Only had to do that three times.She got the point and is now potty trained.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Huggie's Pull ups with wet sensations and Huggies Overnights during bed time... Which still dont work!!! Whats the potty song?

Oh and Ive tried putting her in big girl panties during the day and it only lasts about 10 minutes till im in clean up mode again.

I put her on the potty about every hour and she just sits there, plays with the toliet paper wiping herself and says she went... But she never does...

I thought girls were easier.
    momstepmominFL

Answer by momstepmominFL at 2:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• HAHA! You have not met my daughter! Like I said I had to stoop to spanking!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thanks for the advise!!!!!!
    momstepmominFL

Answer by momstepmominFL at 2:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Like everything, the "girls are easier" saying is only a generalization. Just like "boys are better at sports" and "girls are better at reading".
    I'd say have a crash course one weekend.
    Load her up on salty snacks and sweets from the moment she wakes up.
    Keep her confined to a just a few rooms so you can watch her.
    No pants, diaper, or underwear.
    As soon as you see her start to go, take her to the potty - just pick her up and carry her. Say something like "Oh I see you are going potty, let's get you to the potty so you can put your peepee where it belongs."
    Have HER clean up any accidents. She is more than able to mop up pee or carry poop to the potty while you follow up with actual cleaners.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Once she gets the idea and starts to run to the potty on her own (or to you), put her in panties. Make her responsible for cleaning up any accidents, including rinsing out her panties if she poops in them.
    Gross? Yes. But someone has to do it and she is old enough. This is not a punishment but a "you are old enough now to clean up these types of messes" responsibility.

For nighttime, limit fluids within 2 hours of bedtime. Put a diaper doubler in the overnight diaper.
    kaycee14

• The only way is to put her in underwear. Give her m&m's when she goes - even if she just sits.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2009