for nursing mamas

Every night I get up to feed my baby I feel so damn hungry!
Does anyone feel the same or is it just my excuse to eat:)?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• And thirsty too. Yes. It's common, especially in the early weeks.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• during the day i still grab myself a big glass of water to drink while i nurse, i get soooo thirsty!
    in the early days and weeks i would wake up after nursing my little one to sleep and be so hungry, too.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I feel the same way lol.. I get soo hungry when i nurse so i just grab a banana or a bowl of cereal just 2 get me through the nite.. It always doesnt help but when it does i feel much better.
    Abbysmom08820

Answer by Abbysmom08820 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• That's totally normal! When I went to a breastfeeding class before the baby was born, she told us to always have water and a high-protein snack like almonds on hand when we nursed. I kept Clif Bars next to me in bed and ate them during the night.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2009