My son will not eat vegetables or fruit. I end up giving him yogurt, chicken and goldfish most of the time. I am going crazy. What can I do to change this?

Asked by Janette526 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yikes...I have the opposite problem. My 2 1/2 year old daughter will only eat fruits and veggies...she wants nothing to do with meat! And she especially needs all the help she can get since she was a preemie and is still super small and skinny.

I have heard of people sneaking in veggies and fruits by doing things like pureeing the veggies or fruits and adding them to sauces or making popsicles out of them (mainly just fruits for that one, lol).

Answer by Meg_the_Mermaid at 3:35 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I guess kids are just funny that way they all want to eat only what they have a taste for my daughter only eats apples chicken nuggets and cheese,that's basiclly it, my son loves lunch meats and hates gren vegetables. I just kinda always thought maybe kids have diffrent tastes like adults.

Answer by Tayleina at 3:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My oldest is that way. I don't give him anything else to eat until he eats the small portion (about 3-4 bites) of whatever it is he says he doesn't like. That way he gets a taste for it. A lot of times he ends up liking it (although sometimes he doesn't. Pees just don't cut it for him). My daycare makes them take as many bites as they are old. True they may have their own taste, but if you don't make them eat at least 3 bites of it, they'll never learn to try new things and will be even more finicky when they're adults.

Answer by hallen08 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Try frozen peas...STILL FROZEN. If you want, even add a little sugar or splenda. My kid LIVES for this. Its her 'go to' snack. I always know that if she doesn't eat anything else in the world, she will eat frozen peas with splenda and plain white rice.

Answer by Mom-O-Lily at 3:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• have you tryed a fruit smothie or chicken noodle soup with lots of veggies beef stew agan lots of veggies, or juicing fuits and veggies like carrot apple juice my daughter love this one

Answer by suger-n-spice at 4:40 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Have you ever tryed getting dips for the fruit and veggies. Like for the raw veggies get ranch dressing. For the fruit get carmel dip or dip it into yogurt. Hope this works for you. Let me know how this goes. Bust of luck to you.

Answer by SignMaker1 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 21, 2008