What are the best tips for potty training?

Pierce is 16 months old i figured too young,but he wakes up from naps not wet,intrested in the potty, he tell's us sometimes before he goes but lately after he goes? I mean he is an intelligent child,so the best tips for me to apply to our training sessions I know he would catch on quick! Thank You -Tori-

PierceTori

Asked by PierceTori at 2:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• GO BUY BOOKS WITH PICTURS ABOUT IT READ IT OVER AND OVER TO HIM/HER THEY WILL LOVE IT 'M SURE YOU CAN FIND SOME AT A GOODWILL ! TRY A STICKER CHART OR A PENNY BANK GO TO THE BANK GET ROLLS OF PENNIES AND EVERY TIME THEY GO THEY PUT A PENNY IN THE BANK !!!!
    Anonymous

• Oh wow he is young! i would be so proud! Do not push though!!! Sometimes that can cause them to regress instead of progress. Just prais him, give him something to look forward to like a potty party to celebrate him being potty trained then the whole family can be involved.
    MeganLSBartz

Answer by MeganLSBartz at 2:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I waited until all my kids were 3. There is no training involved if you wait until they are ready. I just put them in underwear and had 2-3 days of a few accidents and then they got it. My advice to you is to wait. What's the hurry?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• thats good he is interested in going potty but dnt rush him it only makes it harder. now my son will be 3 in august and he started going by him self he just walked in the bathroom and went pee pee by himself and ever since then he will say when he needs to go potty. try different things to get him interested in it we actually have the cushion that goes ontop of our toilet and his lil potty we used it for his toys like his spiderman toy and told him spiderman has to go potty and it works. good luck it can be difficult
    sexyred8106

Answer by sexyred8106 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2009