what milestones has or did your child meet at 7 months?

my ds is 7 months and I was wondering what milestones has your child meet?
he is a premie and is a little behind other babies his age, so just curious what is coming my way?
my ds can.......roll over well, grasps small toys, bables a little, sit up with support, eye contact not so good, already has 2 bottom teeth....thats all I can think of right now....
I know in his own time, he will start to crawl and no longer need me to help him sit up, and i am ok with this, but he is my first and the doctor is a little concerned with his development, so i just wanted to know what other children his age can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd was 7 months old on the 10th, and she can roll over both ways, crawl, pull up to standing, walk along furniture a little bit, sit unsupported, babbles, make eye contact, fusses when drops a toy and looks for it, grasp small toys.....that's all I can think of.
    Anonymous

• At 7 months my oldest was rolling both ways, sitting solidly alone, crawling, eating finger foods and some table foods, pulling up to standing and cruising furniture.

My second was rolling both ways, sitting solidly alone, crawling, eating finger foods and some table foods.

My third (6 months adjusted) was rolling both ways, sitting solidly alone, eating finger foods and some table foods and thinking about crawling. (army low crawl)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My dd is 7 mo. and she is sitting by herself, eating some finger foods, rolling, talking a LOT! waving, and she just started army crawling. What in particular is your dr worried about?
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 2:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• HIS BRAIN DEVELOPMENT, HIS LEARNING SKILLS BECAUSE HE SHOWS REALLY NO INTEREST IN LEARNING NEW THINGS LIKE SITTING OR CRAWLING BUTR LIKE I SAID HE IS A PREMIE AND A LITTLE BEHIND....
    WHAT DO YOU ALL MEAN BY FINGER FOODS?
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Finger foods like Cheerios, cut up banana, my DD loves graham crackers. Things they can hold onto rather than be spoon fed.

My daughter took awhile to want to do anything, she used to just lay there and was content. She sat right before xmas (7mo) and is just now at almost 8 mo. trying to crawl. But she probably won't be there for a little bit, and certainly isn't at the stage of standing or anything.

If your dr is really concerned I guess go with what they say, but I'd say let it play out a little, every baby goes at their own pace. Especially if he's a preemie.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009