When did you started to bring your baby outside?

My baby is almost 3 weeks old. We went to see our pediatrician yestorday ,and she told us we should bring him outside for 10-15 min. I know fresh air and all, but its so cold out!
When did you started to take your baby outside?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is 2.5 weeks old and I haven't taken her outside yet, except for when we've transported her from the house to the car or from the car to the store, etc. We've traveled with her three or four times so far, I think. I'm with you, it's too friggin cold to take her outside, she's snotty enough inside the house, I don't want to make it worse lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Well my baby was born in the summer, so he was outside right away in the cooler part of the day. You could bring you baby out for shorter periods of time... just make use he is well dressed for your weather. And skip the really really cold days. We don't bring my son out a ton now because it's so cold...
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• she's probably saying that so that your baby will get the vitamin d he needs from the sun.
    but babies only need a small amount of sunlight in order to produce vitamin d and they also need in on a smaller scale than adults(think a certain number of minutes per week and not per day.)
    your baby also benefits from sunlight that reaches him via the window be it the windows in your home or in the car.

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Around 2 weeks old.

Answer by gemgem at 2:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• On the way home from the hospital...we stopped by the store.

Just going from the house to the car, from the car to the store, etc will work....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009