Infant play time

I'm trying to get my daughter used to playing on the floor or something because I (used) to hold her almost all day... (she's a girl I felt she needed lots of love...or maybe it was me that needed lots of love IDK) So, he sleep schedule is changing and I don't know what to let her to to keep her from being bored during the day. She
s a lot more difficult than my son was. He would play all day by himself without a problem... Emery though... She gets bored and fast. I will put her on the floor and she tries to crawl, get to things, and watches her brother run around... but she gets bored, so I put her in the walker... That doesn't last more than 5 minutes... Then I put her in bed because there's nothing else for her to do... And like I said, I'm trying to not hold her so much.... So, what are some things that I can do for her so she can play by herself and I can get the house clean at the same time?????

my.pride.joy

Asked by my.pride.joy at 2:28 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? My son always wanted to be held when he was a newborn but when he turned about 3 months I was able to put him on the floor or in his rocker/bouncy chair with one of those play bar thingies over him with the hanging toys and it kept him occupied for a while. He's 5 months now and LOVES his exer-saucer. He'll stay in there sometimes up to an hour!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• my dd was the same way i got her a jumper and a boucer that she could play in while i cleaned i would get sometihng like that so she would be entertained while you cleaned
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My DD is 6 months old. And she's been clinging to my hip up until a day or two ago when she started trying to crawl... Now she gets mad if she isn't on her tummy or being held by me.
    my.pride.joy

Answer by my.pride.joy at 2:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2009