Is it normal for you to feel like your husband does nothing?

Most of the time it feels like my husband would do anything to get out of changing diapers or baths with our daughter (his stepdaughter) she is 2 and he's been around since she was 9 months and conciders her his own I don't know if this what to exspect for all the children we may have in the future too or if it's her.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 2:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I have to say I had somewhat of the same experience with my son and husband. Though he wasn't my husband til 3 yrs later. When I met him my son was 6 months old, and really I didn't feel right asking him to do anything since he wasn't his. He wanted nothing to do with the diaper changes and I took care of completely. I may have felt different if we had gotten married before we did but I let my son and now hubby take their own steps. He didn't call him daddy until my son was arguing with another kid at the sitter.
    Now 3 other kids later, he changes them, gives them baths, feeds them, and puts them to sleep. After we got married he adopted him right away and my son knows no other father. Give it time maybe he will start helping out more
    cherbear3317

Answer by cherbear3317 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• oh yeah its normal i was the stay at home mom and it felt like i did everything from in the morning till bed time but now ive got a job and hes layed off and he takes care of her but i still have all the other jobs cooking cleaning uh he says to me i dunno how you ever did it i was like i told you it was hard lol
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I think it is a man thing. Most try and weasel their way out of most Baby duties. I swear mine is useless most of the time.
    YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 2:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• its normal you will feel that way even when you two have chldren of your own lol. sometimes its just a man thing and maybe how there were brought up. I was informed by my mother in law who told me i expected to much from her son becuz he was going to be like his father and she did everything in the house including everything for him. LOL needless to say iv trained my husband to be alittle more independent then his father lol.
    Anonymous

• I think it's normal, my husband is the biological father to both our girls and still has never wanted to change them or bathe them or cook, clean, etc... in fact the only time he ever has done any of that is when I was working 60-70 hr. weeks and even then, just the minimum to keep me alive -LOL- I think men are just lazy kids at heart. I let him slide now that I stay home full time, because I consider that my full time job, as long as he spends quality time with them when he gets home, and doesn't make me do all the discipining. (it's also cuts down on arguing, and I'm faster at getting things done)

busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I can't say my husband doesn't do anything, he just does it on his own time. I'll ask him to do something and it won't get done but then there's days when I come home and the house is clean. He's weird.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Damn am I the only one on here....My daughters father changed her diapers all the time and bathed her all the time...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I know how you feel. My husband is pretty lazy, especially with work involving the kids. But I do know that some men have 'issues' over bathing or changing little girls, almost like they are afraid of being accused of something.....or doing it wrong and getting yelled at lol.
    Anonymous