I'm 35 weeks pregnant, 3 centimeters dilated, 70 percent effaced and wanna have sex. Do you think it is safe to do so under these conditions?

2asof2009

Asked by 2asof2009 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep, it's safe.
    Anonymous

• Honestly no. Sex helps to start labor SOMETIMES. And you are not full term yet. You can if you want to but I would not under those conditions. You could dilate more or your water could break mine broke at 35weeks while I was having sex and I was not even contracting or dilating yet. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Id ask your dr first. your pretty dialted for only being 35weeks. Kind of early to be going into labor.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It's safe....I had sex up until I gave birth!
    gcarter

Answer by gcarter at 2:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• yeah i agree with pp sex helps start labor and your only 35 weeks its still early i wouldnt do it but you should call your doc and ask
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• it safe until your water breaks it might even speed things up
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Thanx a million ladies for ur advice and opinions.
    2asof2009

Answer by 2asof2009 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• At 35 weeks you dont want to "speed things up", thats not safe for your baby, it needs a whole more month, which is when the brain and lungs do most of their growing! Your baby could be fine if born now, but think of how much smarter, or stronger their lungs could be if they waited a week or more. I personally would not have sex. Sperm has an effect on your cervix that softens it more and helps it dilate, which will help bring on labor. It can't cause an infection or anything most likely since your water has not broken, so its safe in that sense, but for baby's sake, I'd let her cook a little while longer.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 3:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009