Clean towels

What am I doing wrong? Everytime I wash my towels they smell sour when I go to use them. I love it when I go to someone's house and there towels smell so good. I use surf. I am a SAHM, so I usually get the towels washed and put up right away. What's the secret to CLEAN smeling towels?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I get a "funky" smelling load every now and then when I leave them a little too long in the washer. No amount of regular cleaning gets them right again.
    Get a bottle of Fabreeze and pour a cup of it into the washer and run it on the soak cycle. Then wash as normal.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I would try to put a little bleach in the wash, sometimes towels get used alot and no matter how much u wash them normaly they will not smell fresh...bleach should help with that. And try a sronger dryer sheet. :)
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Try to throw them directly into the dryer when the washer is finished. Sometimes I'll forget that I have a load in the wash and letting them sit a couple hours before throwing them into the dryer gives them a funky stench.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2008