I am 38 weeks pregnant , and for some reason I do not feel my baby moving as much. Is this normal?

I seem to only feel little movement like little baby pushes, or even just pressure in certain places of my stomach.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if she usally moves more i would be concerned wait and see if she moves some more or try to get her to move more
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• There's a lot less space to move around but don't forget to count the movements in an hour and make sure it's within the number your doctor told you. I was given a chart towards the end to keep track of it. If you're really worried call your doctor and get reassurance. Good luck!!
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 3:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If you are concerned, call your ob. They'll probably have you do a NST (non-stress test) to check baby's movements and heartrate. I'd rather be at the dr office telling me everything looks normal because I went in, than at home wondering if something is wrong. A quick test is to drink a glass of OJ and lay on the couch and count movements.
    JTLMOMMY

Answer by JTLMOMMY at 3:06 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Baby is def running out of space by 38 weeks- but you should still feel movement regularly. If you are not feeling movement call your obgyn right away- they will most likely check to make sure baby has enough fluid left in there by ultrasound, check you for contractions/ cervical changes etc.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I agree with above posters...Whenever I got worried the doc always told me to drink a large glass of water or whatever and then wait 1/2 hour and see if the baby was moving....
    calaid

Answer by calaid at 3:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009