wtf is wrong with me?!

ive been feeling really bad lately. i dont wanna be with my dd and i feel such hatred towards her. it only started getting like this a few months ago...shes 18 months old...so it cant be postpardum depression. i just feel like i dont want her anymore. i always feel mad at her and i always feel like i wanna hurt her or myself. please no bashing...i cant help it. i dont know whats wrong with me. has anyone went thru this or do you have any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You might not have ppd but you can still be depressed. I suggest getting some help. Dont be alone with your child until you can. You can even check yourself into a hospital for 72 hours and get meds etc and a referral to a therapist. You need help. And no I am not bashing. It isnt normal to feel this way.
    Anonymous

• please, please, please...go see your doctor. it could be something as simple as a chemical imbalance. you have to seek medical advice. i promise you, if you don't, you will regret it for the rest of your life.
    Anonymous

• Go talk to a therapist immediately, they might have better and safer information for you and baby girl. But good for you to reach out, I don't think it's too late for postpartum but I also don't know much about it. Get help from someone before you do something you might regret. Please don't wait.

busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I completely agree with the other mom who answered. It is not a normal way to feel. That being said, a visit to a doctor is certainly warranted in this case. Please ask for help before something happens that you will regret. This is not bashing, it's being concerned for your well being and the well being and safety of your daughter. Please get help right away so that you can feel better and start to feel more like yourself
    Anonymous

• PPD is just the name for depression that strikes in the first year after birth. But depression is depression and can strike anytime. Please, please seek help. A family therapist can work wonders.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I can only concur with the advice that the other mommas have given you. You sound as if you are suffering from depression. And that's OK, because you can get treated for it and it will get better. Depression is one of the most common illnesses that people get, and you need to make sure that you view it as an illness rather than some shortcoming in yourself. Please call your doctor today to set up an appointment. He can probably start you on antidepressants and refer you to a therapist who can help you learn how to fight this illness. So many of us moms go through this same fight, so please don't feel as if you are alone. You've already taken the first step towards healing yourself by reaching out to us.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Actually it could be still post partum depression! Listen, you should find help. The best thing to do is to call your OB. I was feeling that way when i had my son and YES it is very possible that you need help. There is NOTHING to be ashamed of - it happens to a lot of us.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 5:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009