Shaving your legs

Ok when I shave my legs they are smooth but when you look at them you can see the black hairs really bad underneath my skin. I hate it and don't like wearing shorts bc of it. Anybody else have this problem?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have the same problem, but I have no idea what to do about it either.
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I hate to say it cause it sucks but waxing gets rid of that.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• try a different shaving cream or the way you are holding the razor.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Waxing or try a different razor...

For me, I can't use shaving cream so I use conditioner and find if I use a certain razor that illiminates the probem for me. Though I shave every single day (UGH). I can't wax, bad reactions...
    OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 4:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• another thing that might help is if you take a bath brush and scour your skin, i do this about once a week, legs arms, face, everywhere, it really helps to exfoliate, esp on areas like legs that don't always get that attention, by removing the excess skin beforehand your shave could get a little closer maybe, i have the same problem and the only thing that works great is plucking, yes, i said it, and i have done it several times, i did it this summer it took me a week of 2 hour sittings (while the baby was napping) and it staying wonderfully for about 3 to 4 months, but now it's back
    simonssuperhero

Answer by simonssuperhero at 6:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Lol I've tried pluckering...it was while I was pregnant and I was bored...omg that hurt like crap! I didn't get very far...
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• see that's the thing, it doesn't hurt me at all, but i asked for some help for harder to reach places and it turned DHs stomach, something about the feeling of the hair releasing, i called him a wuss and went back to it myself, but sensitivites are different for everyone
    simonssuperhero

Answer by simonssuperhero at 10:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Just thought I add something a little silly....I use johnson's baby shampoo as shave gel, it works great.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2009