whats wrong with me??? help!

i have no motivation to do anything anymore! my son wants me to play with him but all i wanna do is sit on the couch. ive gotten wayy behind on laundry, and when it comes to cleaning i just don't want to! i don't know what the problem is, but i wanna fix it! anyone have this problem or have an idea what might be wrong with me?? plz help!

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 3:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you probablly do not want to hear this, but you sounds depressed or ill, you need to see a doctor to get help. i battle depression myself. you may also just be tierd, but go to the doctor to rule out anything
    bluesubaru

Answer by bluesubaru at 3:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm going through it but I'm also 18 weeks pregnant. People get seasonally depressed at this time of year, ever heard of the "Winter Blues"!? Sounds like you've got it. Next time you go to your doctor's you may also want to have your iron checked b/c that can lead to tiredness as well.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 3:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yes, depression. At the very least find a mommy group. Try MomsClub or MOPS. If you can't find a group, try counseling. Both you and your son deserve a happier, more involved "you".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It sounds as if you are suffering from depression, but you need to get it checked out so you know whether it is due to seasonal affective disorder (the "Winter Blues"), a thyroid problem or some other physiological problem, or other cause. Symptoms of depression include lack of interest in activities, lack of enjoyment, and tiredness.

And, frankly, who among us WANTS to clean! We need to understand what our "new normal" is going to be with respect to laundry and cleaning after the baby comes. These are things that a therapist can help you work oun.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Maybe you're just in a slump and need to shake things up a bit. Try turning off the t.v. and putting on some fun music to do the housework. Even if you don't feel like it, force yourself to smile and laugh with your son.

When I get into my slumps, I decide that I'm taking the day off from housework and take the kids out to somewhere fun. Even if I haven't done the housework for a few days because I didn't feel like it... deciding to take the day off is like taking a vacation day. I feel refreshed afterwards and can get back into my routine. If you can go out and do something by yourself and for yourself, even better!
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't say your depressed, because not everything needs a quick medicine fix. Lots of people have winter blues, get out, go for a walk and exercise at an indoorsy place. I have 3 in 3 years, so I get in that slump a lot since I almost NEVER sleep.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• http://flylady.com/pages/begin_babysteps.asp
    try this to help with cleaning, it slowly gets you in the habit. i love this site. it helped me get motivated
    Davidsmommy1012

Answer by Davidsmommy1012 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 15, 2009