might be a stupid ?...lol

I know this is going to seem like a really stupid ?..lol..but ima first time mommy n just wonding! Um when did you guys start to take you child out of the car seat and bring them into like the store n places? Like not bring in the whole car seat. My boy is 4months n 15lbs n 25in long. Hes almost to big for his car seat! And its such a huge deal to bring that big thing around..n its so heavy!

kylie_2008

Asked by kylie_2008 at 3:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I waited until my little one could sit up with support. SO he was about 4 or 5 months old. I would just put him in his stroller!
    beingmommy

Answer by beingmommy at 3:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• When ever you want to, really.

It was right about 4 months for us. That's when they could sit up, though.

Don't be afraid to use the carrier still for shopping or with a stroller! Just because it can't be used as a carseat any longer, doesn't mean you can't still use it for a baby seat at the store, restaurant or for walks in the stroller!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I started when my kids could really hold themself up and sit in the front of a shopping cart.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:07 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I always carry my son who is 5 months now in stores without the carseat. I only bring the carseat in when he is sleeping and i dont want to interrupt his sleep.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• prop him up in the seat of the cart with blankets around him. He'll probably love the new view of the world, as long as he can hold up his head strongly. but keep a very close eye on him to make sure he's supported by the blankets
    busygirl247

Answer by busygirl247 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Gosh I don't remember! I'm sure it was as soon as she could sit up on her own though. Mine was a big baby too!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Snap and go by baby trend..is just a fram that holds the car seat. Its less bulky. I've been using the baby bjorn since myDD was about 4mos. She always wants me to hold her so its more convinient for me. She just looks up and smiles the whole time.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• We used a convertable car seat so I always unbelted my daughter and brought her in with me. I always wore her in a sling or something. Plus she ALWAYS wanted boob inside so the carseat was just a hassle.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would say as soon as he can sit up well you can put him in the cart at the grocery store, walmart and places like that. The rest of the places that don't have carts you can just use the stroller. I know that the carriers get so heavy when they are in that in between stage! My son was a big boy too and it was hard to tell when to stop using the carrier.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My son is 5 months and can sit really well when supported so I'm going to try next time. I have one of those shopping cart seat overs so I think that will be enough padding so he won't slide around. I've sat him in a restaurant high chair and stuffed a blanket around him and he did okay. I can't carry him though. I'm pretty short myself so it's really difficult to carry him around when I'm trying to get things done! If my husband is with us though he always just carries him. He's been doing that since our son was born. He says it's easier to just carry him around than to lug the whole carseat and stroller.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009