THis may be a dumb question...hmm

but do you only go see your OB when you're due for your specific pregnancy check ups..or do you go also whenever you have a problem, or do you go to your reg doctor for that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was pregnant I went for my regular pregnancy check ups. If something was wrong I would call my regular doc and depending on what it was they would sometimes have me call my OB.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 3:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• When pregnant you go to the OB for everything. I went for check ups or when I got sick or had an issue.

Answer by gemgem at 3:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I've never heard of going to an OB just b/c I was sick. I also have a regular doctor that takes care of everything non-pregnacy related
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I went to my obgyn for regular check up & pregnancy related problem/issue appointments...and my family doctor for being sick w/ a cold. You shouldn't go to the obgyn when your sick and expose other pregnant mothers to your cold- when you can just as easily go to your regular family doc.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• ob gyns are for gynocological visits only (including breast health)
    if you catch a cold or break your foot you go to a GP or an orthoped
    you wouldn't ask your podiatrist to chec k your vag would you? lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009