Any ideas for how I can get my husband to do certain things like put his clothes in the hamper instead of on the floor, do a dish every now and then, and leave the toilet seat down, without nagging or getting into an argument. Any thoughts on how I can become a Husband Whisperer?

magwag

Asked by magwag at 3:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know but if you do figure it out let me know!
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• What I did was ask him if he thought we had an equal partnership. He has 2 kids and I have 1, and I wanted us to all be a team. It took time but when we both get home for work..I will say...do you want to cook dinner or fold clothes...do you want to bath the girls or do the dishes.
    It works...he has learned that to have a happy family, we need to help eachother.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Husband Whisperer! LMAO Man I wish I knew, they only thing I can say is just stop picking up after him, or dont cook him dinner something like that that he expects you to do then when he asks why tell him well I figured since you dont do what I ask then I will stop doing what you ask
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yeah don't nag. Talk with him and explain that you have a problem with the clothes on the floor, the toilet seat up, and the dishes. Tell him why- that you are so busy that collecting the stuff from the floor or having to do all the dishes makes you feel stressed. If this doesn't work, here is another angle. Put a hamper, even a smaller one, or two, where it would be as convenient to use as the floor. Tell him, truthfully, that flushing the toilet spews germs for many feet and the germs get on the toothbrushes, sink, hairbrushes, towels, floor so the toilet lid needs to be closed before flushing- it is a hygiene matter. Can he load his own dishes into the dishwasher- or if there is a tub of soapy water in the sink, could he wash his own dishes.

Answer by Bmat at 3:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• As far as dishes and the toilet seat I have no idea, however with the laundry if it's not in the hamper I don't wash it. My hubby got the clue when he ran out of shirts for work. He asked how come I didn't wash them and I said hummm I don't know were they in the hamper??? I washed everything that was in the hamper. Now at least he gets all his clothes in the hamper. Toast crumbs all over the counter still an issue grrrr but what can you do ?

norbert

Answer by norbert at 3:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• With my husband, I just have to talk to him... I can't nag or gripe at him about it. But even then, it only works for a week or two. I'm about ready to try some subliminal messages and hide a stereo in the bedroom playing "I love helping my wife with housework" while he sleeps. LOL
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Just a warning ladies... for some men not cleaning up after them doesnt work. My hubby is such a pig that he just let everything sit there. I have tested to see how long he would let it slide, lets just say I caved before he did.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:51 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I put sticky notes.....on the toilet i put please close me i'm all open or when his clothes are on the floor.i'll put she never wash me.
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Honey if I knew the answer to that I would be one RICH person!!
    Anonymous

• Husband Whisperer............ that is hillarious!!! And IF you DO become one, please come to my house!!! LOL

In all seriousness, my DH works non-stop..... sometimes I wish he would clean up after himself, and sometimes its nice to see his stuff laying around. It makes me smile to know I have such a wonderful, hardworking DH. And sometimes I could just shove the clothes laying beside the laundry chute right up his rear! LOL

Sorry, no help at all I know!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 4:12 PM on Jan. 12, 2009