bottle feeding?

My daughter will not take a bottle she fights and fights. I bought those nipples that are suppose to be more like the breast and she still fights. I need to go back to work ad im at my ends with this. Any advice?

letlovegrow

Asked by letlovegrow at 3:23 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son never would take a bottle. Depending on how old your daughter is, you might want to go straight to the sippy cup. I love the Nuby brand that are almost like bottles. They are great. That is the closest thing to a bottle that my son would ever use! I started using the Nuby with my baby at about three and a half or four months.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Shes only 7 weeks old so a bottle is my only choice as of now
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 3:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Was she nursed at all? If so, that could explain it.

Even with those "special" bottle nipples, some babies just want the real thing. My sister is still nursing (he just turned one) and when at day care he drinks from a sippy cup and has been for some time. When my 2nd born was in NICU and I couldn't be there to nurse (kept passing out when standing up) they would put my milk in a tiny disposable cup and give him a little at a time.

Sometimes you just have to play around with different things to see what works. As long as she is not dehydrated, she is fine and will drink when she is ready. But if she gets worse or continues you should call her pediatrician.
    OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 4:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• try dipping the nipple into the milk (also make sure milk is room temp) so it taste/smells like breastmilk instead of rubber nipple. If you're using formula, same tips. or try mixing if you still have breastmilk.

Sometimes, just being at the day care away from you, kids will behave better. She may take the bottle with no problems there. Also, if that's the only familiar thing, it might then become her comfort while at day care.
    Anonymous