When you untie your shoes....

...why does it seem like they end up in a knot more often than knot? (sorry but couldnt resist that cutesy spelling)

JustAMom2008

Asked by JustAMom2008 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont untie my shoes i just slip them on and off and yes i did used to yell at my kids for doing that lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I never untie my shoes. Sometimes they untie themselves and it's annoying!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Mine don't. I tie a bow, then I tie the bow loops into a knot. I can untie the big knot easily, and then pull the strings of the bow.

Answer by Bmat at 3:30 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i never untie mine either..and then if im walking and they come undone, i get so mad! lol..i hate tieing up shoelaces
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My mom taught me a long time ago how to tie a bow (or shoestrings or apron-strings or anything else) so that it's always straight across and not up-n-down or cross-ways. It's all in the way that you lay the strings over each other before pulling the second bow-side through. I find that when my bows are perfect, it doesn't matter which string end you grab to untie it, you never get a knot.

But then, I'm anal about perfect bows, too. I've actually asked co-workers if they'd like me to re-tie their bows on their dresses. :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• That was a great answer, jburg2541! I've always thought I must be tying them 'wrong' or something. I would love to watch a video of you demonstrating how you do it....seriously!
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I don't buy shoes that tie. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009