Weight gain.

I am only 6 weeks and have already gained 7 pounds! My stomach feels bloated all the time. I am a very tiny girl (only weighed 101 before this) and am scared I'm going to blow up! Did others gain so much weight so soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you taking on the mentality of "eating for two"? That was my major mistake early in my first pregnancy. I would eat like I was trying to feed a grown NFL lineman!

Normally you shouldn't gain that much weight so early in the pregnancy, even if you have multiples. Overall you should gain about 30-40 pounds total with a singleton pregnancy.

Ask your doctor for some tips. Eat 4-6 small meals a day rather than 2-3 large ones. Snack on healthy foods instead of "junk" food if possible and try to get in some mild exercise (if allowed by your doctors of course).
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 1:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I am 18 weeks pregnant and have gained 12 pounds already I weighed 123 before I got pregnant, just eat right and try to stay fit, take lots of walks throughout your pregnancy thats what I did with my first and I bounced right back into shape shortly after giving birth. good luck.
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 1:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My cousins wife gained weight quick bcuz her doctor told her bcuz she was underweight for her heght so that why the baby is taking everything adn its growing bigger
    MrsSCerda

Answer by MrsSCerda at 2:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I gained a lot with my first child. It was mainly because I was holding so much water. As soon as I had her I lost it all.
    CrystalRhine

Answer by CrystalRhine at 2:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Don't worry too much. With my first child I gained 80 some pounds. UGH! I lost it all really quickly. Good luck.
    2Down1ToGo

Answer by 2Down1ToGo at 2:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• It is possible that you will need to gain a bit more because you are so small. I have many friends who gained a lot in the beginning. Once the second trimester things calmed down for them.

Good luck!
    Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 2:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Hey there! im 31weeks pregnant. N i have gained around 30lbs! My doc said its good to keep your wait gain under 50lbs. So he said im fine. But trust me i felt the same way you do. I cried for ever about it and i even stoped eatin for awile! Don't worri about it! I still get worried but its ok, just eat helthy foods n not a WHOLE bunch! lol You'll end up loosin the wait when your chasin that lil one around anyhow! :) hope this helped!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• lay off the salty snacks. And you should gain only 15-30 pounds overall. More than that might not be good for either of you. You can ask your doc about how much he/she feels you should gain. But salty foods can easily add 4-5 pounds a week. If you simply must have them drink more water to flush out the excess.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I gained almost 70 lbs. About 15 in my first trimester alone.

Breastfeeding burned it all off quickly.

Don't worry about it. Keep eating, and whatever you do, don't diet or starve yourself.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 7:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2008