LDS trouble~help help help they won't leave us alone

HELP ME! I have posted a question last week about LDS missionaries coming today. I respect their religion, I told them that, it's just not for us. My main hang-up is the Mark of Cain (dark skin) They seemed surprised I knew about that and told me a plausible answer. I don't care (I answered) I know you don't teach it anymore, but it's an undertone and I don't want my kids to ask me what's wrong with black people. I mean, it's right there in the book "they were cursed with a dark skin" paraphrase btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They usually work out of a local temple, call the bishop and explain the situation to him, he should take care of it. That is what I had to do, the bishop came out with the missionaries talked to me for a few minutes, played with the kids and left. I have not had another one at the door.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I just don't want them to be raised with that thought. Not a Mormon bash, just not how I want to raise my family. so I told them NO no less than 6 times, that we're not interested. THEY WANT TO COME BACK. I told them to call first, because dh has been working a lot, but I didn't even think to say NO for a 7th time lol. Why won't they take the hint? I dont want to offend them, but I'm thinking I might have to, to make them leave us alone. What do I do?! I was interested in joining, hence requesting the book, but now I don't want to and they wont' take the hint
    Anonymous

• Tell them you will call the police and report their harrassment if they don't stop bothering you. If you don't do this, they will be relentless forever. They don't mean harm.
    Anonymous

• Just tell them you're not interested. There really isn't a "nice" way to put it for some people... no matter what you say, some people just won't "get" it. I would tell them, politely, that you are no longer interested, but if you become interested again, you will call them. Also let them know that you would appreciate if they wouldn't contact you unless you contact them again.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Get angry and tell them in a steern voice to leave or you will call the police. Period...then close your door. That is not right to bully a family. If a person says they are not interested then it is time to move on to the next house.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Tell them not to come over anymore or you will call the police. Thats what I did LOL.
    Anonymous

• Offend away! I have no trouble slamming doors! LOL Tell them if they cannot take "no" for an answer then you will call the police and charge them with trespassing--most people understand that! By opening the door, and having ANY sort of conversation with them, you are encouraging them. You may be trying to be nice, but you may be also be giving off a different signal. Don't answer the door, don't try to "explain" your reasons--that only invites conversation. You have your reasons that is more than sufficient.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• OMG I did do that! I told them I had internet access and if we had any further questions we would log on, but as it stands right now this religion is not for us. His answer? He bookmarked one of the chapters, told me to read it, pray and let God guide me. I told him I had allready, but he told me to read this chapter and try again and I will be filled with peace. It just saddens me, because they seem like good kids (well teenagers) and I don't want to hurt them or their faith in any way shape or form. I know it's just a zest for what they do, and a burning love for God and wanting to save people, but still! No means no lol
    Anonymous

• LOL - I invited them in for a religious debate!!! I broke out my different Bibles, a couple of history books, my Biblical Hebrew textbook, and a couple of other resources. After about 20 minutes, they politely took their leave and never came back.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 3:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• my hubby enjoys messing with pushy religous people who dont take the hint, have you tried inviting them in to join you in your satanic ritual of animal sacrifice? i guarentee they will never return again!
    Anonymous