am i worried for nothing?

last time i was pregnant, i had my cervix checked at the doctor and he said that i was 1 cm dialated. then a week later i went back and i was at 5cm. so he admited me, and i had the baby two hours later. this time, i have a new doctor and i had an appt 3 weeks ago and my cervix was at 1 cm. then the last two times i went in he didnt even check me. i am worried that i will keep dialating, and i wont know it. the last time i didnt have any contractions to in that week so i was really surprised to here that i was 5 cm. so i am afraid that it will happen again and like i said i will not no cause my doctor hasnt checked, i asked him to last time and he said that he didnt think it was necessary. i am at 37 weeks now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would tell him you want to be checked tell him what happened before and if he still refuses ask if someone else can check you then it is better to be safe than sorry good luck
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 3:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i would go and tell him what you have went through before and ask him again to check you
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ask to be checked. Better safe than sorry. If he knows your pregnancy history, he should be ckecking you, but a lot of times they won't check every time b/c it could FORCE you to dilate. Good Luck : )
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• At 37 weeks I think your are technically full term, that's probably why he isn't too worried about it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Why do you want to know?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009