Birthday issue

HELP! My LO likes the same thing another little girl likes. ( on TV ) And last yr on her 1st b-day we did the same b-day and this yr the other little girl is doing another favorite of my daughters. I don't want this other mother to think I am trying to be like her to be better than her, but my daughter loves the same thing as her daughter. Do I still have the same theme, or should I think of something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• it don't matter, just bring it up with the other girls mom and laugh about little girls and the stuff they like and then just say that you were thinking about doing the same thing, then just put a twist on it make it a little bit different if you can good luck!
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 1:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Your Daughter likes the same thing, just like alot of girls does and its normal. Give her the party you want, it don't matter who else is doing the same thing. Its your Daughters Party and your making HER happy!!!
    Anonymous

• Wow! You are so right.. What do I care anyway. It's about her special day and why should I worry every yr about this. It's out of my hands.. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, do whatever your daughter wants... if the other mom talks crap, too bad. Maybe if you buy the decorations or cake (or whatever) at a different store, the designs or colors will be a little different. It could be the same character, but look totally different.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Talk to the other mother and start sharing themes. Go in half on the stuff. Decorations only get used once most of the time and is a waste of money. Kids don't remember that stuff anyway. We do! If you guys are friends and can talk about this stuff. Just because her DDs birthday is before yours shouldn't matter.
    TRyan

Answer by TRyan at 4:55 PM on Jul. 17, 2008