What love making positition works best for starting labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You on top or doggie-style.
    shanzing23

Answer by shanzing23 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• my labor wouldnt start for a while so after enother dr visit my dr said to my hubby in a joking way "go home and have sex doggy style "
    I still dont know if it was a joke or not:)
    Just for the record I've tried everything to start my labor and nothing worked!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Position has nothing to do with it. There's a chemical in the semen called prostaglandin that is supposed to help your cervix dilate, but I've heard that it isn't actually enough to do anything. You can try any position that you want and it's not going to start your labor. Sorry. Have fun though!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i dont think any position really works. but kinda like what Rebecca7708 said there is chemical in semen. and acuttually it works this way, the semen doesnt bring on labor it actually helps your cirvix soften and ripen, when you "get off" it realesses a hormone that can help contrations. so having sex works in two ways.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 3:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• definitely doggy style.. that got me into labor within 2 hour i was 38 weeks
    _MORENA_

Answer by _MORENA_ at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• position doesn't matter. your body needs to be ready and you need to have semen present and an orgasm. semen can help soften your cervix and the orgasm can jump start contractions.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009