Can you explain what you do for someone when they need prayers (but you are not a christian) What do you do?

Like if your pagan or whatever all those other religions are (sorry I don't know all the names) do you do a ritual? Think positive thoughts over them? or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm Jewish and we all pray to G-d. We don't do rituals, we don't light candles and dance around dead frogs. Christians are NOT the only religion that believe in G-d.
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 3:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I send positive thoughts.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:56 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Sometimes I light a candle and sit and think loving positive thoughts.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I send good vibes thier way and keep positive thoughts.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Well, I wasn't referring to "Jewish" people and geesh! Don't get so offended by it. To me a Jewish is the same thing as a christian (They both believe in God) they just do things differently so I was NOT purposely excluding the Jewish religion...I wasn't even thinking about it.
    So when I said "christian" I meant anyone who worships God.
    I was asking the NON believers in God, not Jewish people, nor was I trying to offend jewish so lay off!
    Anonymous

• honestly I would think you would do whatever you would do for someone with your same beliefs. My friends are Hindu, and they usually ask the deity over whatever the person's problem concerns. Islam and Judaism both believe in the same God as Christians, so they would pray similarly as we would. But if the person is a strict Christian, I would just hope for the best for them, as some are offended by other religions.
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 4:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It depends on what the problem is. Usually I invoke a diety specific to that problem or do a spell specific to that problem, or like pnwmom said, light a candle and just send loving vibes their way.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It's dependent on the religion. I know my Wiccan friend lights a specific candle for the reason, like illness, financial problems, etc. And don't worry about the person that was offended by your lack of mentioning Jews. As a Christian and believer I'm offended that she felt she couldn't spell out God, like it was a curse word or something.
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm not religious, I'm agnostic. But if someone asks for prayers, I send good thoughts and best wishes their way. Sometimes just letting people know that someone cares is good enough.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I light a candle in a color appropriate to the situation. Meditate on the flame thinking of the energy I want to send (healing, comfort, strength) I allow it to fill me completely and envision it going to the person who needs it. I have done it enough times I do feel it. If an incantation is needed I say it. Usually this isn't the case, but like if someone died there is a safe crossing incantation or prayer if you will.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009