should I test

I was supposed to start on the 8th and I was wondering if I should go ahead and test or wait a few more days I wasnt to test but in a way I don't because i do not want to see a bfn I know I am crazy I was just wondering what you would do .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well most HPT's are sensitive enough to pick up HCG a couple of days before your missed period, so it should show up by now, but if it is negative, I would still retest! Are your periods usually normal?
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 4:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Follow your womans intuition. It's never wrong.
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I found our I was pregnant at 4 weeks and had it confirmed at the doc's at 5 weeks. I'd say it never hurts to try. The only thing you might be out is some cash for the test if it is too early but it may very well set your mind at ease.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 4:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If you are indeed pregnant, it should show up on a test by now. However, some women test w/ hpt and it shows that they are not pregnant, when in fact they are. I would test. If it shows up negative, wait a couple of more days and test again if you still don't get your period. Best of luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• If you have a regular cycle (28 days), then take a test. Most likely it will show up positive. Make sure you use the midstream of your urine. Wal-Mart has a packet of two tests for about $7. I have taken them many times are every time they were accurate. Good luck!!
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 10:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009