Did you choose to be straight?

...or lesbian, or bi, etc.?

Did you wake up one morning and declare: "I like men!" (or women or both)?

Did you consciously CHOOSE to which gender(s) you would be attracted?

Did you just naturally go with whatever feelings instinctively came to you.

Did you one day start to notice boys (or girls, or both)...then men (or women or both)?

Did you choose your sexuality?

Asked by MamaK88 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, no, no, yes, yes, no.

Answer by MissCia at 4:11 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I dig both. Just happened that way. I didn't choose it; that's just how I am :)

• Is this a trick question? I naturally like men the most, and sometimes I think women are desirable too.

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i dont think you can choose what your attracted to. I like men thats all there is to it i cant just decide tomorrow i wana be with a women they dont interest me. You dont get to choose to be gay or straight it just is what it is. God mad us all right well god made some of us gay or straight for a reason.

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I don't believe I chose my sexuality. I was born that way. I don't need to wake up each morning and make an effort to stay attracted to the gender that I am partnered with. I don't quite remember noticing that one day suddenly I liked the gender I prefer to be with sexually. Sexuality is unique to that individual. I don't judge what others find attractive, sexy, or who they want to be with.

Answer by frogdawg at 4:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I am naturally attracted to both. First men, probably because I was brought up that this is the norm, but opened up to both once I knew that was an option as well. But I didn't wake up one day and say I'm bi, I just like both.

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• that not how sexuality works, straight people and homosexual people's brains are just wired differently. gay people can try and try to like a member of the opposite sex but the attraction just isnt there. there is nothing wrong with being gay, doesnt the bible preach love?

Answer by aliciatron at 4:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

Answer by older at 4:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm surprised nobody has responded that gay people did choose to be that way, they choose sin. *shakes head*

I totally dont think its a choice, your born the way you are!!

Answer by ladysylpher at 4:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Nope, not at all. I am what I am. Just went with what came naturally to me.

Answer by Friday at 4:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009