If you get social security benefits for your child that has a disablility do they take it off your income tax?

I heard I can apply for benefits since my child has a disability but I don't think its worth it if there going to take it off my income tax then I won't get anything at the end on the year. Or how does it really work? i'm new to that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NO
    Anonymous

• Call the Social Security Office. They are much better prepared to answer this question since they work there.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• They go by your income to determine what you child will get. Thats how they determined my dds. But once my dh made over 2000, they took it away from her.
    Anonymous

• when i was 18 and 19 i got ssi checks for my asthma because i couldnt keep a job and i never had to file anything. i would double check for sure
    learae

Answer by learae at 6:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i am pretty sure if u get help thru the govern. you cant claim it on taxes....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• but i would check just to make sure
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009