WOW- Toys For Tots

in our city, the Toys for Tots warehouse was robbed on the ***29th*** and lost over 2000 toys.
REALLY ? I can bet there were kids in our city that didnt have a Christmas so WHY do they have toys stock piled in a warehouse when they were crying that we need to donate more because they were so far off the mark to help families????

I will always donate directly to a family from here on out. WOW

luvmygrandbaby

Asked by luvmygrandbaby at 1:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• That is crazy!!!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2011

• that is crazy! this year I did the angel tree from jcp kinda glad I did (I had a 77 year old women she wanted a nice pair of boots hope she liked them)
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2011

• Only thing I could think of is they have a limit for each family? Maybe they just had extra & keep them in case of a year that comes up & they dont get many donations.

But yeah kind of curious as to how they determine which/what/how much each family gets.

I hope they catch the person who stole all the toys though, disgusting our world today.
    reindeergames

Answer by reindeergames at 2:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2011

• i agree reindeer i hope thet catch the people - they were saying they were thousands short just a few days before Christmas
    luvmygrandbaby

Comment by luvmygrandbaby (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2011

• Thats so sad.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 2:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2011

• We have had issues with our toys for tots in town. I still donate one or two toys. This year I am unsure they did anything with the toys though? We had several families the PTA was helping with Christmas and Toys for Tots is supposed to be one of the go to people we use to get the toys together to give out to the kids in need. This year I saw very little from them. Instead we had churches in the community raising money and then going and buying toys in mass and going out with a list house to house and delivering to the families. The churches not only did that they also took each family 2 very large boxes of food.

Answer by gemgem at 2:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2011

• I'm not sure how they distribute toys but do families have to pick up the toys? If they do, maybe some families didn't. Also could it be possible that toys were donated after the holiday or right before without enough time to sort and distribute so they store them. I'm sure there is a reason why they had toys stored in a warehouse.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2011

• They stockpile them; they do it every year.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2011

• I think it is really sad that it was robbed but I does concern me that there were that many toys left over. I mean what were they going to do with them?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:00 AM on Dec. 30, 2011

• That's terrible! I hope they catch the person/people responsible.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 4:10 AM on Dec. 30, 2011