What are we suppose to do with all of our babies clothes now that they have that new law?

I have so many nice, name-brand clothes from my son that I like to sell but do they just expect us to throw them away and go to waste?
What about the parents who depend on the cheaper clothes because they can't afford to buy new one's for their baby?
Throwing them away is just ridiculous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Freecycle...donate the to a church clothing collection
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Sorry, but, what new law? I missed it!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 4:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a press release clarifying a law that goes into effect Feb. 10. Before this clarification, it appeared that all children's products would be required to undergo expensive lead testing, including secondhand items and items that were unlikely to contain lead.
    This testing will not be required on used children's items, a move that is sure to bring a huge sigh of relief to panicked thrift store and consignment store owners everywhere.
    It will still be illegal to sell items that are found to 600 parts per million (ppm) total lead, making it advisable to take items off the shelf, or pay for testing.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09086.htm
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I thought I heard somwhere that consignment shops were exempt, could just be a rumor tho. otherwise give them to somone you know that needs them or a friend of friends or somthing.
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 4:18 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You can stil sell them in yard sales, on craigslist and e-bay.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Donate if you feel it will be a problem but from what I read above it doesn't seem like it will be, Good Luck :)
    fayesmommy

Answer by fayesmommy at 4:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• From what Autumn says it shouldn't be a problem.
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 4:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Donate them.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 4:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Used produts are now exempt.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Make quilts and blankets. You are going to need them for the long haul.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 12, 2009