I have to cook dinner for 10 teenage girls once a week (volunteering). My problem is I work all day. I have to keep the food in a cooler in the car, rush right after work to get there and only have 30 minutes to heat it up or prepare the food before they eat. Any suggestions on meals that reheat well and quickly or that can be put together fast? I will have helpers when I get there.

Pieceofcat

Asked by Pieceofcat at 1:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Food & Drink

• If you do something like pasta- that would work- just freeze the sauce if you homemake it or Dr it up w/ meats- freeze the sauce then put it in your cooler in the morning, by evening it will be defrosted and onlytake a few minutes to warm up- then all you have to do is the noodles :) I have a few more ideas I woul be happy to share with you!I can PM them to you if you'd like...
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 2:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Maybe these gals can help you. http://www.cafemom.com/group/26716/

Do a search in Groups for cooking and lots of groups will show up.

I just would make sandwiches and chips. lol
    Anonymous

• you could do taco salad, just have cut up veggies: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, corn, bell peppers ect.... Then warm up some precooked taco meat and/or pinto beans. When I make it I just put salsa, guacamole, and lime juice together for a dressing, but I would also have ranch dressing available, I don't know any teenager who doesn't like ranch! Top it off with some tortilla chips and cheese!
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• where you have this dinner... can you go there in the morning? I mean could you work up a crock pot dinner and then drop it off in the morning so it can cook while you work? just a thought
    allord

Answer by allord at 9:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Crockpot burritoes
    Fajitas on the grill
    Chicken salad (buy pre cooked/sliced chicken)
    Get a casserole ready to cook the night before
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:59 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Mix the dinner together and put it in your car. When you are at work bring it in in a slow cooker and let it cook ALL DAY!! Leave work and by the time you get to where you are going the food will be edible and not hot:):)
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 10:24 PM on Jul. 21, 2008