Ever dyed your hair from dark brown, to light golden brown.

How did it go? Any tips? Well besides see a professional! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• yep, didn't like it much though so i went back to dark again
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• lol! I just did that this weekend...I dye my hair all the time...let it grow out...dye again lol! I use the most expensive dye I can find (don't remember what I used this time...had the all-over color and the highlights in same box) and then just go for it. If you don't like it you can always do it again. I figure why pay someone $65.00, when I can do my own for $15
    Anonymous

• i have, but you have to be careful or your hair may pull a red tone. they sell a product you can add to the color so you don't get the red tones. if you do it at home make sure you go to a beauty supply store and ask, i always hated when i tried for a golden color and got the red!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 5:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• mine went more orangey red. sorry to say but when you go from dark to light its best to see a pro
    learae

Answer by learae at 9:39 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Be careful when dying with a golden. It might turn a redish tent and I know it is not summer time, but if you swim it has more of a tendency to have a green tent. Also, depending on how much chlorine is in your house water. It can also have a rusty look, like it has been over processed. Try for a color that does not have golden. Golden just seems to always turn out a disaster, whether done professionally or at home.

Anonymous

• I'm with the ladies that warned about getting a red tint. My hair is naturally dk brown/auburn and anytime I color it always enhances the red instead of coloring over it. I would look into whatever 'krisstencarmela' was talking about- the product you add to the dye so you don't get red tones. Good Luck! :)
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 10:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• YES!! I didn't go to Walmart or Target for the products. I went to a Beauty Supply Store, they have this section of the store where you can see a bunch of different hair strand colors. You pick the color you like, and they give you the mixing products! I've tried Walmart & Target products, and it turned my hair Red! My hair is dark brown to almost black, and I dyed my hair a real pretty brown with some golden highlights! When you use the cheap stuff, the Golden will for sure turn your hair red! the stuff at the beauty supply store is what the professionals use and for under $20bucks!!
    aniyasm

Answer by aniyasm at 12:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• See a professional. Like princesspalace above, I too have dark brown with natural auburn highlights. I haven't colored my entire head but I have golden highlights put in every three months by my colorist and I have never had any problem. I think I'll be trying an overall lighter color by summer time.
    Anonymous

• Thanx so much Ladies!! I'm thinking bout seeing a pro. dont want to spend that much dough but hey that way i'll save on the worry!! :)
    Anonymous