Pain in back from EPI

I can't walk stand or sit for to long cause it hurts I get a sharp throbbing pain in lower back and legs and when I lay down it hurts jsut as bad. Is this normal from an EPI?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Health

• I never had that problem with mine and I had three. Maybe call your OB and ask.
    Anonymous

• How long ago did you have your epi....b/c mine hurt like that for about a month or so.
    One night my dh was going to be nice and scratch my back.....he VERY softly touched the spot where my epi was and it sent a spasm down my leg that made me scream....it hurt sooo bad the rest of the day.....

It can take a while to get back to normal!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:22 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• how long ago was your epidural?
    Anonymous

• The 13th of dec
    Anonymous

• Oh mine was about 3 years ago now.....it no longer bothers me....it was only painful for about the first month or two......the spasm incident happened about 2 or 3 weeks after delievery...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My husband also VERY softly touched the spot where my epi was and it sent a spasm down my lback only and it really hurt but only for about 20 min
    Anonymous

• I had it too! It's the weirdest sensation! i'm a wellness consultant and the best thing for me has been using a large back magnet called a flex. It increases blood flow and promotes quicker healing and the flushing out of toxins. I sell them. pm me, and take a look at my website. it's got some info, www.nikken.com/1heart1mind
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 5:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Unfortunately, long-term or even permanent nerve damage is one of the risks of having a catheter inserted into your spine. Hope your pain eases soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 13, 2009