Does anyone know of a GOOD way to get rid of a headache/neckache without taking medication like tylenol or advil?

A friend of a friend found out today that he has liver cancer b/c of taking to many over the counter pain pills....and I know I am guilty of taking too many....and now I have a headache (of course) any ideas?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 4:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Health

• There are many homeopathic methods to relieve headaches. Take a warm bath. Place a cold pack at the base of your neck. Locate the area between your thumb and pointer finger. Pinch and massage that webbing part of your hand using great pressure. Lanocaine ointment to the temples has always helped me greatly.
    Hope ya feel better real soon.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I forgot about that pressure point on your hand.....thank you!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Take a nice long soak in the tub, aromatherapy.
    Anonymous

• Yesss! PM me. I'm a Nikken Wellness Consultant. Magnetic therapy is the best thing ever, and you may be dehydrated. Even if you think you are getting enough water, your body may be not absorbing it. I use and teach people about all kinds of natural technologies, Infra red, negative ion and magnetic. Your headache could be caused from a number of things, but it's best to start with the source. Look into dehydration and then circulation. If you order something from me it will take 3 days or less to get there. www.nikken.com/1heart1mind
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 5:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• that was me but here i have a serever tension headache that is the worest when it works down ur neck and shoulder to u face and brain my whole right side from my face to my shoulder was swollen but the only thing that helps is vidcon and stuff like that so i am on a treatment of that
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 5:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I went to the chiropractor a few times, also try a healting pad to the neck, sometimes that helps. Oh a good chiropractor does xr first.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Peppermint oil can aid headaches. Drink more water! Eliminate caffeine as it can dehydrate you, so you may not be reaping the benefits of the water you think you are intaking.
    Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 8:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I always have a tough time getting rid of a headache after it kicks in, but I find that I can prevent them pretty well by making sure I drink enough water, get enough sleep, exercise, and eat well. (Pretty much the universal advice for healthy living!)
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 11:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009