menopause symptoms

what are some early signs of menopause? if you've already gone through it or are entering it now, what is your age? i'm 42, and wondering if some issues i've been having are menopause related. thanks for any info ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Health

• I am not yet 50 and have been "peri-menopausal' since I was 41. According to my Dr anyway. My periods becoming irregular wasn't the first sign. I statred having mood swings, Hot flashes..oh what a joy those are. Night sweats. No of this was everyday. It was just a little at a time. I also noticed a difference my skin being more dry as well as my hair. I was not interested in HRT because of cancer history in my family. I do take an herbal supplement that seems to have helped a little. Mostly you just warn your spouse and bear with it the best you can.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:38 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• yes, my skin is very dry and everytime i run my hands through my hair i lose a lot. my breasts are sore off and on and i feel nauseaus a lot.
    Anonymous

• I got a message from my sister also on this site and she wanted me to remind anyone of our age to always be sure what you think may be 'change' symptoms isn't in fact a pregnancy. Birth control for sexually active women who are peri-menopausal is highly important. Rates of serious birth defects rise dramatically at this time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:44 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i know one of my moms symptoms was being a raging psychopath but im sure not everyone is like that
    learae

Answer by learae at 7:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm 45 and have been menopausal for a couple of years.  I don't have any periods because I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago.  My worst symptoms are a fuzzy memory, trouble sleeping and night sweats.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:29 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm 8 weeks post op and recently having alot of dry,itchy skin that wakes me up at night. Help
    undercovermom

Answer by undercovermom at 9:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2009