Why won't my Washing Machine pump out?

Each time I do A load of Laundry the Water is pumped onto my Floor! I'm Horrfiied! Upset & Worried! I have A 1 year old & 3 year old over to Watch & Love! But A disaster to clean!! My DH just wnet back to work after many lay off's! I'm Worried A line was Severed or it Froze up Again! We can't afford any more Break Downs or Problems! That's All we have! Any ideas!? Words of Wisdom! Rural Area. Freezing Cold! A Septic System!! No more Money for anything! Washer is 24+ Years old! Sump Pump 15 Years old... Drain Field 22 years old!!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 4:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Make sure the hose that the water drains though (usually located to the rear of your machine) didn't come loose. This has happen to me on more than one occasion.
    Anonymous

• I had that happen and the washing machine was broken and supposedly cheaper to buy a new one than fix it. If your toilets flush and other drains drain, then it isn't your septic tank or drainage field, unless they fill up- but I think you'd notice if they were slow when you took a bath- if the water didn't drain well. I wonder if you might need to use a laundromat- that might be cheaper than having a repairman come in. Do you get your septic tank pumped every two years? If not, do you notice an unpleasant or mildew smell in the drain nearest the septic tank?

Answer by Bmat at 4:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009