how do you know when your baby has dropped?

im in my third trimester almost due..first time mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I knew when I looked in the mirror and my boobs weren't resting right on top of my stomach anymore, lol. A lot of women notice some pressure in the pelvic area from the baby pushing down in the birth canal, and you might get some relief if you've had shortness of breath because the baby won't be pushing up on your lungs anymore.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• normally around what week??
    i was walking outside and my mom had commented that it looked
    like my baby was low.
    what if the baby dropped,will you still be feeling the kicks above your lungs?
    Anonymous

• Babies drop when they are ready to drop. My son stayed up in my ribcage until the day I went into labor, when he suddenly decided to make a head dive down! Some of my clients dropped a month before their due dates. Not only is it visibly easier to tell, but like previous posts said, your breasts won't be resting on your belly anymore. You may also experience pelvic discomfort and an increased urge to urinate because the baby is actually flooring your bladder!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009