ONLY for those who HAVE had an abortion.

After the abortion procedure did you ever regret your decision?

If you had it all to do over again would you have done anything differently?

Did you get counseling or support?

How is your relationship with the man who got you preggers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I know you said only for people who have had an abortion but my best friend had 2 of them done
    Yes she did regret it both times, she cried alot.
    she see's me with a 3 year old son and pregnant now and feels terrible, she might be pregnant now and will never get one done again.
    she did receive councling and support from the right to life and planned pregnancy they are church groups, after the 2nd time and that is what has changed her mind about it all
    the guy she was with paid for both abortions to be done and then dumped her and got with another girl who ended up pregnant and the gave birth and kept the baby he is a loser.
    I hope this helps you out.
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 1:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have always regretted it. It'll be 10 years ago this August. The relationship with the biosperm doesn't exist. I had already had one with him and his rights have since been terminated. I had it done at approx 12 weeks. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't have. 10 years later and i still think about it constantly.
    Anonymous

• I felt extreme guilt. I would not do it again! It will be the one thing I regret on my deathbed!!! I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior since then and BELIEVE I am forgiven for my sins...including the abortion!
    Anonymous

• I didn't get counseling. I do not have a relationship w/the father it would be difficult to deal w/his insistance on the abortion. I should've told him to get ready to pay child support because I am keeping my baby!!!!
    Anonymous

• Yes i had one at the age of 19. I'm 43 now and I have 2 under the age of 9.
    Do I regret it? No
    I was way too young and if I would've kept it I know for a fact that I wouldn't be were i'm at today. Having the baby would've held me back a whole lot. I had my first at the age of 34 and by then I had accomlished all that I want.
    But I do often still to this day wonder what it would've been.
    Did I make the right choice? I'd have to say yes.
    I knew I made the right choice when the guy who I got pregnant with gave me money for the abortion. I knew he wouldn't be there for me even if I had it.
    Anonymous

• It was the stupidest thing I've ever done. 18 and thinking I had no options. I should have given the baby up for adoption. I was so pissed at Planned Parenthood later when I found out the heart starts beating at 22 days..that was before i even thought I was preggo. Everyday I think of it..everyday I hate myself for it.
    Anonymous

• I forgot to add Planned Parenthood never told me nothing about the baby already having a beating heart
    Anonymous

• I regretted the decision the second I did it. I knew there was absolutely no way I'd ever do that again. I had another child out of wedlock a few later and I knew at that time my decision would be totally different. Yes, if I had to do it all over again, I'd do it differently. No, I did not get any counseling. I got support from my friends, but not any professional support. I have no seen the man who got me pregnant in over 19 years.
    Anonymous

• I don't necessary regret my decision, but im not ok with what I did. I know I could not take care of another baby at that time the guy was only 18 (I was 23 and newly divorced)pure accident that I should have know better on. I did get counseling (the one that was provided at the abortion clinic)and it does help some what but not enough. If you do it get professional help don't go through it alone. Family and friends are a good source of support, but I feel and professional would help more. I actually ended up married to the father and we have been together now for 14 years.
    Anonymous

• To this day, I still cry and think about what I did in 1986. 20 years ago! I'm still tore up about it. I didn't get any couseling or support. It was like, just throw it under the rug and it will go away. Forget about it. Well you can't. At least not for me. I don't know the "man" is or do I care. It's done, it's over with and I feel so badly about it. I wouldn't dare do it again. Never. I just pray to GOD that he will forgive me and I thank him constantly for giving me 2 beautiful children that I love so much.
    Anonymous