tuna fish bad????

i really have had the craving for tuna fish my whole pregnancy im 34 wks
i all ways forget to ask my doc
does any one know if im ok to eat it

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go out and get you some chunk light tuna girl! You can eat one or two cans a week of it, you'll be absolutely fine.

Just MAKE SURE that it's "chunk light" tuna, NOT "albacore" tuna. The chunk light has a safe amount of mercury in it, the albacore does not.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:50 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I ate way more then that when I was pregnant with my first and wouldn't you know a few months after he was born they said to not eat so much! I had at least a can a day. YUCK! I am not sure how I did that! Anywho. it is okay like pp said. Oh and my son turned out fine ;)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You can eat it in moderation. Eat Chunk Light as it contains less amount of Mercury in it. You should limit your intake of tuna to 6 ounces a week.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 4:54 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Mercury is not good. Just be moderate about it. Twice a week should be fine. Try getting the 100% organic kind...might be better, who knows?!?!
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 5:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• My Dr said only once a week. So far I have only eaten in once during my pregnancy but I crave subway lunch meats!!!!! Cant wait till I can eat them again!
    evansmom03

Answer by evansmom03 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I ate tuna like no other with my first getta some shes absolutely fine LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 12, 2009