Perineal Massage.. 28 weeks..

I'm 28 weeks preg. Is it too early to do the massage at this point. (My first baby came at 37 weeks). I'm going to use the Earth Mama Angle Baby Natural Preg. Stretch Oil. it says that it's good for the perineal massage.. not sure if someone else used it.. wanted to ask.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We just used extra virgin olive oil and that worked just fine. We started the massaging around 25 weeks. I was paranoid about ripping...I did anyway though. But I had a baby with a HUGE head and he was stuck for a while in the birth canal. I think the only thing the massaging did for me was spice up my sex life. LOL.
    Anonymous

• LOL.. Anon.. glad you had a little fun!! :) Thanks for the tip..
    Anonymous

• I did absolutely nothing for my natural waterbirth. Baby was 10 pounds and I had a perfect perineum after. The way mom delivers is extremely important.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:03 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• It is never too early to start perineal massage- also try doing kegels if you can, which helps with the vaginal elasticity. The EMAB Oil works wonders, I refer all of my clients to the site for their products.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• :) thanks so much everyone.. Little Mrsmarcel .. thanks for the tip about the oil from EMAB.. Good to know that it's safe to use the oil for the massage.. I had a silly fear and thought that if I massage too early then the baby will just fall out one day and it'll be like oh.. you have the baby now..
    Anonymous