what to get

im due in about 5 weeks and i wanted to know what should i get and whats unnesscary i knowthat i need diapers and wipes and clothes but what else is important to have when he comes home im on a budget so im trying to just get what i need and nothing else this is my first so im not quites sure what i will need any advice will help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby nail clippers! Your baby's nails will probably be really long when they come home, and the hospital won't cut them for you.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:02 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'd get a three pack of receiving blankets cause newborns love to be swaddled. Also buy some burp cloths, I've found the big Gerber ones are the best. If you can afford it get a Boppy pillow. They are really useful to help with feeding and to lay her/him on when you need a rest. Honestly, newborns don't need a whole lot. Just lots of love from their mommies!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• i agree w/ the above answers. Blankets & burp cloths...I didn't realize how much I would need them so stock up!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 5:24 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• you could get a pacifier, some babies love them, it may stop a lot of crying : )
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• rec' blankets!!! especially for the spitter uppers, you might go through a few a day.... onesies also help with swaddling.

never under estimate the power of the swaddle!!!!!!!!! and those teeny tiny socks, my babes' feet were always cold without little sockies on.
    stillfatmama

Answer by stillfatmama at 12:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Don't get a changing table...Most moms prefer it, but I find that using my bed or even the floor is not gonna hurt the baby...I've had three kids already gone through that...you also don't need every single rocking chair, bouncy seat, rattle, kick toy, etc. Chances are, they won't use half of them..at least my last two didn't...As for what you do need..plenty of sleepers, diapers..you know the drill..receiving blankets, burp rags(unless you just use a kitchen towel like I did most times), maybe some mittens for the first couple weeks if you don't have clippers, diaper cream, a hat, and lots and lots of love to your little one! Go with what you really want when it comes to the optional items..there's lots of stuff I didn't get my first two that I bought for my last one...
    thomasfam14

Answer by thomasfam14 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2009