• In the Spotlight:

has anyone else noticed a terrible smell coming from their belly button during pregnancy?

since i got pregnant i noticed that my belly button smells really bad..i take a shower daily but..the smell always returns..any insite or answers..??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nope never but iv relized the farther along i got the more i felt like i smelled bad
    idk if it was just me or wut
    i to take shower everyday
    i started to take two a day now just i feel like i smell really bad
    maybe its just a pregnancy thing
    im 34 wks so my dad says i got to start taking one shower a day so ic an be ready for the baby and not getting so much free time
    Anonymous

• hhahahahaaaa.
    thats hilarious.
    because I did too. I just made sure i washed it really good in the shower and then put neosporin (sp?) in it. It worked! Good luck. hah
    Anonymous

• yes! I did too, I think it was just accumulation of lotion (i used the stretch mark cocoa butter you get at babies r us). I make sure to wash in there really good when i shower and sometimes I'll wipe it out with a baby wipe.
    averysmomm

Answer by averysmomm at 7:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• it's always there, you just notice it more because your belly button goes through so many changes during pregnancy... especially us fat folk, I clean mine with a qtip, if I forget to run my soapy finger up in there when I shower. it's called belly button lint... sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• IDK what causes it, but I had it too. Mine is pierced, too, though. That might have had something to do with mine. Anyway, you can use witch hazel or sea breeze or something on it. I did that and it seemed to help. Can't remember where I got the idea, though, sorry.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2009