How can I make my surgery easier on my spouse?

I am going in for eye surgery on Thursday, and will be leaving my husband to take care of the home and 3 kids. While I know he can handle all of it, I'd still like to make it as easy on him as possible. I plan on putting a pot roast on for dinner before the surgery, but would like any ideas on how I can make things easier on him while I'm resting after wards.

kikitty

Asked by kikitty at 5:05 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Go ahead and make some freezer meals that he can just heat up like spaghetti, casseroles and such. Make a "schedule" of what the kids need done each day, like check homework, who gets baths when, ect. And don't get ill if something doesn't get done and don't nag (I have a habit of doing that when I'm sick!). :) I'm sure he'll be trying his best. You just rest and get well, and that will be the biggest help to him!
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 5:08 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Good luck with your surgery. If you will be home, you can tell him most things that he has questions about. Let him do things his own way, it will make him feel in charge and helpful. If he will, he can follow you around one evening to see how you handle the bath and bed routines. And if you have several meals in the freezer that would be nice for both him and you after the surgery. If the house doesn't get cleaned the way you like it, or if the kids get cereal for supper, no big deal, things will work out in the end.

Answer by Bmat at 5:13 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I posted already, but I continued to think about your question, and I wanted to tell you that I am deeply touched by your sensitivity and caring about your husband. You are the one going through a trial, and yet your concern is for him. You are quite a lady.

Answer by Bmat at 6:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I would just make sure you had ready made means available.. he can handle it.. besides your the one going in for surgery... he should be looking out for you... eitherway good luck with the surgery... all will be well.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:46 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• call your local church, they'll cook up a ton of stuff to come help out... they love that kind of help. My church scolded me every time I went in to have another kid, because if I would have told them I was going in they would have sent "watchers" and "waiters" to help my hubs deal with the ones he had here at home.
    stillfatmama

Answer by stillfatmama at 12:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2009