Do they sell frozen diced onions?

Yesterday I asked what to do with onions and potatoes since I never seem to go through a whole bag and a couple responses said they were fine to freeze...I would definitely do this...it would be so nice to just cut a bunch all at once and use them a handful at a time out of the freezer...but it made me wonder if they sell them in bags like other frozen vegetables? I would definitely buy those and skip the dicing if they make them. If not...why dont they make them...lol!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• There is a brand called Pict Sweet that I get from Wal-Mart here in Texas. It's not just onions though it is onions and bell peppers.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:25 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yes, they do.

And if you do freeze yours, make sure you lay them flat on a big cookie sheet to freeze them, THEN bag them. Otherwise you'll get a giant lump of frozen onions.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:20 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Even better...I add both of those to a lot of things: soups, chili, sheppards pie...etc.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Are they cheap like other frozen veggies?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Yes, you can purchase them in the frozen veggie section. I don't personally buy them due to lack of flavor so always use fresh. Can't imagine them being too expensive but fresh is always less expensive.
    puppieluv

Answer by puppieluv at 12:18 AM on Jan. 13, 2009