My MIL drinks her coffee AND smokes a cigarette while on the toilet in the morning.

The whole family thinks this is disgusting. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jan. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OK, I would leave my coffee on the counter in the kitchen, even if the kids DID steal it and drink it while I was gone, but I often light a smoke to take in with me if I think it'll be a while especially.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think that as long as she owns the home in which the aforementioned crapper is located, brews the coffee and pays the exhorbitant taxes on her smokes herself, then she's entitled to use those possessions in a manner in which she sees fit.

Frankly, if she doesn't take a newspaper, a subscription would be the absolutely perfect mother's day gift for her to complement her morning routine.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• OMG...ROTFL LMAO. I love that answer Avarah! Back before kids when I smoked and had free run of my house and could crap in private, I probably have done the exact same thing. In fact, when I first conceived my daughter I didn't poop for a week because I was so used to having coffee and a cigarette in the morning which helped me go that once they were gone I was constipated!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• A little poop with your morning brew? Barfing.......................

Anonymous

• I don't see nothing nasty about it.
    Anonymous

• I used to smoke on the toilet. I actually miss it:) So I don't think its disgusting....people do all sorts of crazy stuff in the privacy of their own home.
    Anonymous

• I hear ya, Kabbot. I swear there are still days, after over two years, that I miss smoking so much I could cry.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 5:34 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• this is what carrie on sex in the city would call "SSB" scary single behavior. i like to dig out my husbands black heads.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 5:35 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• its called multi tasking lol
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:36 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Whatever tickles her fancy... I agree with the multi tasking, I pluck my eyebrows when I'm doing the doody but I gotta give your MIL props for creativity... maybe she wants some extra privacy for her morning routine. Sometimes locking yourself in the bathroom is all you can get!
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 5:58 PM on Jan. 12, 2009